Early indications on European Markets
Stocks in Europe are expected to open slightly higher on Tuesday, the FTSE 100 is seen as opening around 15 points higher, the German DAX around 10 points higher and the French CAC is seen opening unchanged.
Shares in BNP Paribas will be in the spotlight after late on Monday, BNP Paribas pleaded guilty to two criminal charges and agreed to pay almost $9 billion to resolve allegations it violated U.S. sanctions laws and enabled the activities of terrorists and human rights abusers in Sudan and elsewhere.
In an unprecedented move, regulators also banned BNP for a year from carrying out certain U.S. dollar transactions, a financially critical part of the bank’s international business model.
- 0815 – Spanish Manufacturing PMI
- 0830 – Swiss Manufacturing PMI
- 0845 – Italian Manufacturing PMI
- 0850 – French Manufacturing PMI
- 0855 – German Manufacturing PMI
- 0855 – German Unemployment Rate
- 0900 – EuroZone Manufacturing PMI
- 1000 – EuroZone Unemployment Rate